I had hardly spoken to my neighbour before lockdown. Now he's my constant companion

I’m a writer and he’s a bouncer, and we used to have very different schedules. But this summer we found we shared not just a porch but a political outlook

As an artist and writer, I already worked from home and was used to living alone. Then came the pandemic.

During the past few months, my neighbour has taken over our shared porch. He is a bouncer who has been out of work since the bars here in North Carolina closed. Previously, we kept very different schedules since he worked nights and slept during the day. He hardly ever used the porch. Now, he is usually there at the window to greet me when I open my living room blinds in the morning.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/35l5ejo

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form