Recipes to see in the new year

Lucky lentils, sausages, fried pastries and poached pears – give your family good fortune with these traditional recipes

As Anglo-Italians, my family ate lentils for New Year’s Eve. It was never mentioned to me that they are traditionally served to bring wealth and good fortune. On first impressions I cannot imagine anything less bling than a lentil; yet what they evoke in me is a great sense of comfort and wellbeing, which is just what I need now.

At New Year they are supposed to side up to cotechino, a fat sausage that is laced with pork skin and spices and quite delicious. Instead I’ve adapted a southern Italian dish of sausages and lentils. With careful cooking you will understand their status.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2QwQq7U

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form