Thank you to … my autistic son's teacher, to whom I'm grateful every day

In this series writers celebrate people who have had an impact on their lives. Chitra Ramaswamy thanks Emma for her unwavering commitment to meeting the needs of her child

Dear Emma,

How funny that it feels entirely normal writing to you. We already write to each other, I realise with a jolt of familiarity, every single day of term. In the age of email, I know your handwriting as intimately as my own. When my son arrives home I fall on his bag with a hunger – OK, nosiness – reserved for parents seeking news of their child’s average, hopefully unremarkable school day. I rummage through the detritus of a half-eaten lunch (still not going for the sandwich, apples obviously gone) and find the diary in which our entries appear.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2SyTh2T

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form