My partner is very depressed and it’s getting me down | Ask Philippa

You are dancing from rescuer to persecutor to victim, says Philippa Perry. Change how you react and see what happens – or leave

The question My partner has suffered from depression for decades, but only saw the doctor once, stopped taking the medication after a few months, and refuses to go on it again. They won’t talk to anyone or seek help professionally or from family – not even me.

In the last two years, Covid has had a major impact on their mental health, and their behaviour on top of this is now affecting me massively. In the past, I’ve been told I’m very positive and happy. I’m certainly not that now. But I don’t want to go on medication myself.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/1RHqfEw

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form