How we met: ‘I thought, there’s a hottie in philosophy class!’

Zoe, 37, and Tim, 45, met at night school in 2012 and were engaged six weeks later. They live in York with their two dogs

When Zoe split up with her boyfriend in 2012, she had “a bit of an existential crisis”. Though she enjoyed her job as a support worker for a learning disability charity in York, she was keen to explore some of the thoughts she’d been having about life and its meaning, and to try something new. “I wanted to meet people and I’d always been really interested in social sciences,” she says. “So I decided to join an evening philosophy class to learn more.” In the second term, she spotted a man she hadn’t seen before in the coffee room. “The class was mainly women and when I saw him I thought, oh, there’s a hottie in philosophy class!”

Tim had joined the class with his mother. “She really wanted to go, but my dad wasn’t interested,” he says. “I was basically her wingman. I remember being surrounded by women at the class. I was just there to give my mum a bit of confidence.” He thought Zoe was “really attractive” when they saw each other in the coffee room, but it took a while to build up the courage to talk to her.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3zwqNJP

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form