A visit to a dinosaur theme park – and happy, if embarrassing, memories… | Séamas O’Reilly

A childhood joy is reignited – to the bemusement of my wife

I don’t think my wife has ever liked dinosaurs, which makes our happy marriage all the more impressive. Like many precocious, bowl-cut-sporting children, I spent an unfortunately large portion of my childhood carting around a cereal box filled with dinosaur trinkets I referred to, grandly, as my ‘dinosaur den’. It’s something she likes to remind me of on those long winter nights where the sting of my embarrassment warms her blackened soul.

Last week, however, she was in my world, as we decamped to a dinosaur-themed adventure park with my family. It was, instead, four-year-old Nora who had become terrified by the prospect of giant lizards she had been so gamely expecting minutes before we arrived.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3kyvqwJ

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form