My summer of love: ‘I’m in search of the perfect fleeting encounter’

Who needs for ever? I want a summer of beautiful vignettes. As a friend told me, the length of a relationship needn’t reflect its significance

A friend of mine told me about this guy she met in the queue at Tesco Metro. They both lunged for the same meatball wrap, and he said: “This is like the part in the film where we fall in love,” which didn’t happen but they did go to the pub and then to a nightclub, where they stood so close to the speakers they could feel the sound in the air as if it were wind. When the lights came on, they headed back to his flat and had great sex, watched by a Simon Cowell cutout he had left over from a party. After climbing out of a window on to the roof of his flat, she stayed until the sky turned from flamingo pink to lilac, to dark blue, and it was time for her to go home and get some sleep.

“I was going to ask for his number but it was so perfect, I told him, ‘If it’s meant to be, I’ll see you out again.’”

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3AEAuXL

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form