My large Irish family gathers for a quiz and merriment – but who was the overall winner?

There was fancy dress, whiskey, wine and inter-sibling slagging

I’m sure, at some time or another, we’ve all found ourselves scrambling to put on our peace medallions while squinting through pink 60s-style sunglasses we’ve bought for £3. Last week, it was our turn, as my wife and I sat down for a vaguely Beatles-themed videoconference in celebration of my father-in-law Sean’s 70th birthday.

I say ‘vaguely Beatles-themed’ because, once faces started popped up on-screen – in the manner of a Brady Bunch title sequence formed mostly of people from County Meath – it was clear that only a few of us had received that memo.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3nDOxqe

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form