'My best friend of 20 years turned me down for a job. Is there any way to save the friendship?' | Leading questions

It can be difficult to save a relationship after you feel betrayed, writes advice columnist Eleanor Gordon-Smith. To do so you must put aside recrimination

My best friend of 20 years and I had an argument. He had an opening in his office and with the pandemic and the economy, it is very difficult to find jobs for older employees. We had an agreement many years ago to never work together.

However things have changed and it was difficult to ask him for the job. He turned me down since we know each other’s “true” CVs and now we are no longer friends. I feel he does not respect my professional abilities. He says he does not want to hire or work with friends, but twice in the past a friend has hired him, including in his current position.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2DKhT3V

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form