David Atherton's recipe for melon and cucumber granita

Serve it plain as a refreshing cooler – or with a shot of dessert wine to create a light summer pudding

You don’t get much more refreshing than a granita. Traditionally, it is made with fruit juice and sugar, scraped at intervals as it freezes to create large ice crystals. When I first tried a lemon granita in Italy, it made me realise that I had made my own version in the 80s with my Mr Frosty ice-maker.

I don’t always look for an easy way out of time-consuming kitchen tasks, but if there is a good cheat’s way, I am willing to try it (and I no longer have my Mr Frosty). This recipe uses the fibre of the melon when blended to mimic the crystallised texture you get from scraping. You can choose for how long you want to process it – the longer you do it, the more it resembles a slushy.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3hSIDOe

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form