‘When I became a mother I realised how hard it is’: how the parenting experts parent

What does a dietician feed their children? Does a dentist rule out sweets? And how does a psychologist cope with troublesome teens?

Dr Cathy Burges works with child and adolescent mental health services embedded in youth offending teams in Berkshire
I don’t know whether it comes from seeing some very challenging and disturbing situations at work, but I think I’m reasonably relaxed as a parent. There have been times when my teens have done something that I would think is normal – like staying out too late or having a drink – but other parents have reacted very strongly. I feel that young people should be able to make mistakes safely. It helps them become stronger adults.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/37AQ7A8

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form