A letter to... the lactation consultant

I was spending 12 hours a day trying to feed my son. You were convinced the solution was more time and effort from me

“As a stay-at-home mum, you have the time you need to figure this out.” That was what you said after I explained that I was spending 12 hours a day feeding my son – trying to breastfeed him, giving him a bottle when he was still hungry after the feeding, pumping after that, washing the pump parts, mixing up the formula, and then starting the whole process over again. I was overwhelmed.

How long have you been using the hospital-grade pump? Have you tried the nipple shield? Have you fixed his tongue tie? How much fenugreek are you taking? Have you been eating lots of garlic?

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2QlvrpS

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form