How we met: ‘I don’t think she wanted to be a vicar’s wife’

Tim and Abi Thomas, 44 and 37, met at a party for young church members in 2002. He is a vicar; she runs a Christian podcast. They live in Bradford with their children

In 2002, Tim volunteered to help out at a summer camp for teenagers, organised by the Anglican church he attended in Glossop, Derbyshire. “I had to attend a training weekend in south Derbyshire,” he recalls. “I knew Abi’s mum through the church, and she asked how I was going to get there.” Abi, whom he had never met, was going to the same event. “I told her mum she could get a lift with me,” he says. “She denies it, but she definitely set us up.”

Tim was new to Christianity, but Abi had been attending the church all her life. “I was a student living in Sheffield at the time,” she explains. “Tim had converted a couple of years before and got to know my parents through the church. My mum told me she’d organised me a lift with this nice young man.”

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2FnvSK5

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form