'My daughter and I share T-shirts and a RuPaul devotion': a single mother’s guide to style

After I divorced, my six-year-old began honing the way I dressed, taking inspiration from the Drag Race star

This summer I took my daughter to a Kylie Minogue concert in Edinburgh and, as a reward for a good school report, let her choose what I’d wear. She put me in a fit and flare polka-dot dress and black Dolce heels studded with lipsticks. I couldn’t explain that I didn’t want to wear their clothes any more because they dress the Trump women and so she was dismayed when I wore brown wedges, both PC and wrong with the outfit.

Walking up the cobbled streets to the castle, she kept urging me to go back to the room and change so Kylie wouldn’t see and have to stop the show.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2rdIhNp

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form