Kim Gordon: ‘I'm not a badass, whatever that means’

The musician, 66, on her mysterious mother, learning to go solo, and being vulnerable

As a kid I was very shy and really good at playing by myself. I wasn’t very verbal. I lived beneath the shadow of my older brother, Keller, who was very verbal, and mean to me.

My dad was a sociologist. He had a self-deprecating sense of humour, was a great cook and a very gentle and understanding person. He was very humble. I would look at the titles of his books, like Men at Work, and be mystified by what it meant. My mum was kind of mysterious. She didn’t really talk about herself. I mostly learned about her from my aunts and their family. I felt like her head was always somewhere else. For a while she made these bohemian clothes out of this beautiful hand-printed fabric and sold them out of the house.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/38Z49gk

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form