Should we postpone our fun to give our son a sibling? | Leading questions

The decisions you make for your future self are always challenging, advises Eleanor Gordon-Smith, because when you make them they change who you become

My husband and I both come from large, loving families. We enjoyed a bohemian lifestyle together before marrying, out and about partying most nights and travelling extensively. We made the decision to hit pause on our wild days and start our family, as we expected to follow our parents’ example and have five or six children.

Now that our child is a year old, I am questioning whether I want any more children. We adore our son utterly, but as sole caregiver I am absolutely exhausted and just want my identity back and to have fun with my husband again. He would like at least one more child but agrees that sleep deprivation has been much more challenging to our relationship than he had hoped.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/35D1vuo

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form