How we met: ‘I had no idea if this was more than friendship. So I booked two hotel rooms’

Bernie and Victoria Pollack, 39 and 30, met on a trip to Iceland in 2016. They now live in New York with their pet cockapoo

When Victoria booked an adventure holiday to Iceland in 2016, she wasn’t expecting anything more than a break from her job as a midwife. But after Bernie met her on the group tour, he fell for her immediately. “I think I was probably chasing her all week,” he says. The trip was packed with outdoors sports and sightseeing, but he couldn’t focus on the activities. “People ask me what they should do in Iceland and I have no idea,” he says. “All I remember is being blown away by Vic.”

After forging a close friendship, neither of them felt ready to say goodbye. “He said he’d come to the airport with me,” says Victoria. Although his flight back to New York was much later, he wanted an excuse to spend more time with her. Bernie asked if she had more holidays on the horizon. “I had a few days off several weeks later,” she recalls. “So he asked if I wanted to meet up again.” Inspired by the flight board in the airport, the pair decided to visit Dublin for a mini-break. “I said yes, but I never expected him to travel all that way,” says Victoria. “It was much easier for me, being based in the UK.”

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2DfFwNK

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form