‘You can love more than one person in your lifetime’: dating after a partner’s death

How easy is it to start a relationship after being bereaved? And how do new lovers cope with an idolised ‘ex’? Three couples tell their stories

Carole Henderson was only 40 when she lost her husband Kevin to skin cancer in 2006. As she struggled with the pain of her partner’s death, she found that her social life was beginning to disappear. “So many people didn’t know how to act around me or said silly, hurtful things.”

Eighteen months on, she was ready to start dating again. “I had reached the point where I loved Kevin, but was no longer in love with him,” she says. “I wasn’t looking for a husband, but I was lonely and wanted to enjoy male company.”

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2PsmBoo

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form