My boyfriend is richer than me, and I worry I’m holding him back

He is 10 years older and ready to buy a house, while I’m in a low-paid job. I hate not being able to pay my way

My partner is 33 and I am 23. We intend to get a house, marry and have children. My issue is money. I have a low-paid, non-graduate job, but with my degree subject, I struggle to get interviews. I have little savings. My boyfriend is financially and emotionally ready to put a deposit on a house. He says I should only contribute a few thousand as we are unequal financially. I feel like a sponge who can’t pay her way. I do my best and do not waste money, yet I feel helpless and embarrassed. I can’t hold him back, but can’t contribute what I want to. I’m not even sure I can save the amount he asks of me.

When leaving a message on this page, please be sensitive to the fact that you are responding to a real person in the grip of a real-life dilemma, who wrote to Private Lives asking for help, and may well view your comments here. Please consider especially how your words or the tone of your message could be perceived by someone in this situation, and be aware that comments that appear to be disruptive or disrespectful to the individual concerned will be removed.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2GvRnKc

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form