When a doctor announced my possible pregnancy, for the first time I didn’t feel frozen by dread

Though it was clear from the start Mary Rose Madigan’s new relationship was different, she didn’t comprehend the gravity of her feelings until a visit to a bulk-billed medical centre

Like many women in their 20s, I have a complex relationship with contraception. In other words, even though the thought of an unplanned pregnancy fills me with great anxiety, I sometimes forget to take the pill. That fear has been further fuelled by shows like MTV’s Teen Mums. I realise having a baby in my 20s wouldn’t make me a teen mum, but when it comes to having babies, I still feel about as prepared as a teenager.

Still, considering my struggles to find contraception that works for me, pregnancy has always been a real possibility.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/BILjuAo

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form