Old friend getting on your nerves? I ditched mine – and regretted it for years | Sindhu Vee

The fury, the sadness, the shame: nothing compares to the brutality of ‘girlfriend divorce’

I am at the stage in my life where, if I don’t like something or someone, I am absolutely fine with editing them out. If it’s wrong or unfair or stupid, I’ll pay my dues in this life or the next (I’m a Hindu), and I’m cool with that. But I am also at the stage in my life where I know there is a single exception to this hard-won self-care practice: my closest girlfriends.

There is no denying that these women are in my life to stay – regardless of how much they irritate, infuriate or frustrate me. Why? Because the bald truth is: these girlfriends are the scaffolding of my life. Whenever they are absent, I come unstuck. I need them.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/26NVOyM

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form