How we met: ‘He was handsome, with a dad vibe. And he lived in Wollongong!’

Nicholas, 47, and Trent, 41, met in 2017 at a triathlon race. They now live together in Coffs Harbour, Australia, with their dog and rabbit

When Nicholas first laid eyes on Trent, he didn’t expect to feel a spark of attraction. “I had recently separated from a marriage,” he says. “I enjoyed triathlons, so I’d gone to Canberra with a group of friends to take part in a race.” The event took place on Australia Day 2017, which turned out to be one of the hottest days of the year. “Someone mistakenly put diesel in the pace car and the race was delayed,” he says. While waiting to start, Nicholas saw Trent. “I started chatting to him as we didn’t know how long we’d be held up,” he says.

Trent noticed that Nicholas was “handsome” with a “dad vibe”. “He was nice but I was mainly focused on the race,” he says. “I tend not to chat to my rivals much on race days. I became more interested when he told me he was living in Wollongong, because it’s where I grew up. We had that connection straight away.”

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2X7YJ36

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form