I’m a recovering addict and my wife keeps telling our family and friends. Is she right? | Leading questions

Addiction has two victims, writes advice columnist Eleanor Gordon-Smith: the person using and the person supporting them. Your wife needs support too so both of you can recover together

I’m a recovering addict and transitioning careers. My wife has reached out to family and friends asking for help with various things, but consistently breaking my anonymity in the process. I’ve asked her to avoid revealing my addiction and that I’m a recovering addict. She says sorry, but also says she’s justified because of what my past addiction has cost her. Is she right? Should I just be grateful?

Eleanor says: Congratulations on your recovery, it’s one of the hardest things a person can do.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/JBdSUD4

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form