Five years ago I felt like a failure as a dad, now I’m sharing with other men how to love their children

After admitting to other Black dads he found parenting difficult, Marvyn Harrison began transforming his relationship with his kids

It was on Father’s Day, five years ago, that Marvyn Harrison sent a heartfelt message to his friends that would change his life for ever. Back then, his son was three and his daughter was six months old. And he couldn’t seem to help feeling constantly like a fake, an impostor. “I felt like I was being fraudulent,” he says.

He was going through the motions of being a loving dad and a supportive husband, without feeling the intense emotional bond with his children he had always expected to feel. Looking back now, he says, “I didn’t understand how to connect deeper.”

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/EKQkXU5

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form