Teddy was a central figure in our family, and always found his way home. Until the day he didn’t | Kelly Eng

He looked, as my partner cruelly observed, like a rag with a head. But my daughter adored him and that made him priceless

It was 8.10pm and I was running through the dark streets, desperately searching. Just as I was about to concede defeat, I spotted him. He was near the corner pub, lying lifeless on the nature strip. I looked upward to thank the heavens, then messaged my partner: “I’ve found Teddy.”

Teddy was my child’s, well, teddy. The two were inseparable. He did all that a good “transitional object” should do – helped Holly get to sleep and soothed her when she was upset. But Teddy was much more than that; he was her confidant, cub, dance partner, hanky, sunshade, plate, mop and weapon.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/QSBOZFf

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form