My partner is cruel. Why can’t I leave him? | Ask Annalisa Barbieri

You know you deserve better. It isn’t easy, but do you want to be here, with him, in five years’ time?

I have a relationship problem and I feel stuck. I met my partner two years ago via online dating. Since then he has rebuffed all my attempts to meet any of his friends or family members. One time, we ran into a family friend, and he instructed me to hide behind something so I would not be seen with him. I’ve also had to leave his house on more than one occasion because one of his family members was in the neighbourhood.

He is unimaginably cruel to me about my appearance, but I can’t bring myself to leave. I do not know how this relationship serves me, but I’m getting older and I’m too scared of what will happen.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/b9ReTky

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form