My mother-in-law can’t get over her ex-husband’s affair | Ask Annalisa Barbieri

I can sense you’re all treading on eggshells to keep her happy, but maybe no-one has ever seen or validated her pain

My husband is one of four, and they all have children of their own. His parents divorced when he was young after his father had a long-standing affair with a woman he went on to marry. My mother-in-law was left worse off, while my father-in-law has gone on to live a fairly charmed life.

She is still white-hot angry with her ex-husband and his now wife. She can’t bear to speak their names and we all go to a lot of effort to ensure they never cross paths. There have been times when she has stopped speaking to members of the family if she feels they have had anything to do with her ex and his wife.

We’re a very close family, and I feel so lucky to have a mother-in-law who is devoted to my children. She’s the first we call in a crisis and we all see each other more than weekly.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/LW71hwd

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form