Childhood memories and the fabric of life | Brief letters

Patchwork of bedtime stories | Being wick in Derbyshire | Mind over muscle | Going barefoot | Online grocery swaps

Re your article on bedtime stories (16 February), use a favourite duvet cover or quilt as the starting point. My favourite stories were made up by my mother telling me about the fabrics she had used to sew the patchwork quilt on my bed. “This was the dress I was wearing when your dad asked me to dance with him the first time…”
Lynne Pointer
Bampton, Oxfordshire

• As a northern lad born and bred in Derbyshire, I must correct Alan Hallsworth (Letters, 20 February). We always knew the saying as “Derbyshire born and Derbyshire bred: strong in the arm and wick in the head”. Wick meaning lively and energetic.
Geoff Wheeler
Coventry

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/NRTCMI3

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form