Specs appeal: what’s the best way to apply make up as a glasses wearer?

Wearing them brings challenges – from adjusting makeup to cope with frames and shadows, to seeing well enough to apply it at all


Like every other spectacles wearer I know, I’m adamant that my prescription has deteriorated disproportionately during the pandemic. Where forgetting my glasses was once a mere inconvenience, it’s now a crisis that forces me home to retrieve them.

It’s been an interesting process, beauty-wise – what one gains in not being able to see gaping pores, one loses in the ability to apply a straight swoosh of liner. Sight isn’t the only consideration. Specs cast a shadow (anti-reflective coating helps), so concealer has to work harder to brighten dark circles (I use Dior Forever Correct, £27), and thick frames can obscure hard work done on eyeshadow, which can be both a blessing and a curse, depending on the application. For days when my glasses will be on and off as often as a teenage romance (I wear a librarian’s chain from Missoma), I want eye makeup to be simple but noticeable.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3zcXH2V

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form