A day at the beach: ‘The ashes kept washing in again. It was clear my husband didn’t want to go’

The day Feather Thompson farewelled her husband, she started seeing birds in the sky – he had always told her he’d come back as a sea eagle

I used to live in Manly in Sydney and was on holidays at Byron Bay with my husband, Merv, when he said “I’m not going home”. So I went home on my own, packed up and we bought a place up in the hills at Federal [in the Byron Bay hinterland] for $235,000. I sold that after he died 22 years ago and I came into town to be closer to the beach.

Merv was a big smoker but when he died after an 18-month battle with bone cancer they found disease everywhere except in his lungs. He would have said “I told you so”. Men always have the last say.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3fjRoBA

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form