‘My teenage son constantly lies to us. How do we get the trust back?’

Try to find out why he’s lying – curiosity is a useful tool in parenting

My son is 15 and causing no end of trouble. He is a good kid, pushing against the boundaries and learning to grow up. But getting caught (not for the first time) with an e-cigarette at school has really brought everything to a head. He has now been excluded for two days, and my husband and I have been called in to be (what feels like) shamed for being bad parents.

What has become apparent is the constant lying, not only about the big things but also stupid, silly little things, that are inconsequential. I accept that lying to parents is normal – I still remember being a teenager myself. However, the lies on top of lies have destroyed all trust. Not only at home, but also at school.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3xOVudk

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form