Meera Sodha’s vegan recipe for Indonesian-style salted peanut and chocolate pancakes | The new vegan

These martabak manis-alike pancakes from Indonesia are for all the crumpet-lovers out there: soft on the inside, crunchy outside and soaked in chocolate (or whatever else you fancy)

After multiple decades on Earth, I thought I knew all there was to know about pancakes – until I met a fluffy, yeasted number called martabak manis at a hawker market in Singapore. It’s what I imagine crumpet-lovers dream about at night: a giant, sweet, crunchy, soft pancake with deep holes ready to be saturated with (vegan) butter and, in this case, chocolate and salted peanuts. It was a revelation to me, and has since been a serious challenger to the incumbent weekend pancake recipe in the Sodha household.

UK readers: click to buy these ingredients from Ocado

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2ZTwPrv

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form