Joe Trivelli’s recipes for pumpkin cake, crostata, marsala cake and biscotti

Add some zest to seasonal festivities with sumptuous sweet Italian bakes

In our house, baking is therapy. My wife bakes in the early morning before the rest of us are up. We come down to steamed-up windows and a warm loaf of banana cake to slice up for breakfast, or cram into a school bag for an afternoon snack. I am more likely to be found crouched over the work surface at the other end of the day. My wife has been known to have pudding hours after supper while reading a book in bed.

By Advent, there isn’t a surface in the kitchen without a dusting of flour. I remember my love of boozy puddings, and my wife enjoys the necessity of a cake to cut up with her afternoon cup of tea. There is here a clutch of instant-gratification recipes: a jam made when it’s needed, a sunken cloud-like marsala soufflé cake that requires eating right away, and a spiced apple and pumpkin cake.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/31y6iR8

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form