David Stratton on memory: ‘The circumstance in which I saw a film might add to the enjoyment’

The beloved critic shares the painting he’d save in a fire, and the object he most regrets losing

For his new book, My Favourite Movies, David Stratton selected a somewhat unusual number of films to feature: 111.

“I started off with 101, which seems to be the fixed number for this sort of book, and then I just couldn’t narrow it down,” he explains. “It’s really impossible to cut out a lot of films. I just had to put in another 10. I could have put in another 50, probably. But I had to draw the line somewhere, so it became 111. And even so, there’s things that should be there but aren’t.”

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3ck6ANi

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form