Will power: preparing for my death has provided me with way more entertainment than is seemly | Elizabeth Quinn

Although confronting, the act of getting my affairs in order has provided much space for reflection – and gratitude

It’s lockdown number whatever, and this time I’m going to make it count. No sourdough therapy, no binge watching Schitts Creek, no ordering recklessly expensive artisan cakelets. This time I’m preparing for death.

A few years ago I helped my mother write her advance care plan. Now it’s my turn. I download it and work my way through the personal details to the end-of-life section. Who do I want to make medical decisions on my behalf? When do I want the plug pulled? I surprise myself with the strength of my written response.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3g7GShy

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form