What I learned from an unlikely friendship with an anti-masker

Frank’s views were disturbing, a brazen assertion of white privilege. But with our fates more clearly tied together than ever, I needed to understand him

On 11 March 2021, I took a selfie at the Baltimore Convention Center and pressed send. I’d just received my first dose of a Covid vaccine. “Feels pretty momentous,” I texted an acquaintance. “It was exactly one year ago that our university shut down.” Frank wrote back immediately from his small town in southern Michigan. “Momentous, yes. But not for the reasons you subscribe to,” he wrote.

Related: Battle for the Soul: can Joe Biden beat Trump’s Republicans in the war of words?

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/37XK8Yq

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form