The nursery is shut for 10 days – how will my son cope?

With only his stressed parents for company and stuck in the flat he’s known all his life, my boy proves surprisingly resilient

We heard from our friend Mary first. ‘Did you get the call from nursery?’ We checked to see if anyone had called, or left a message informing us our son had lost an arm in a threshing accident. Within seconds, we had our answer when my phone rang and we were told that a secondary Covid contact meant they had to shut for 10 days. Suddenly we were wishing for threshing mishaps, as the reality of 10 days without childcare hoved into view.

I have to tread carefully here, of course. I respect the protocols and think they should be followed. I’m also keenly aware that the prospect of 10 days without childcare is hardly the most onerous blow people have experienced in the past 18 months. But I’d be lying if I said all of those things were at the front of our minds as my wife and I sat down with our calendars and portioned out the times and days we could spare for the next week and a half.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3jVtGxf

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form