I found out after my husband died that he had an affair. What can I do to survive? | Leading questions

When you’re grieving so much it feels like survival is at stake, willpower and reading are not enough, writes advice columnist Eleanor Gordon-Smith

I am a 70-year-old professor of history. My husband died in January. After his horrible cancer death I found out that he had a long affair with a 27-year-old girl. Thirty-three years of marriage, love, trust – gone. Now I don’t know who he was, who I am. My personal history proved wrong.

I will not contact the girl, a student of my husband. She is not important for me. She is not the one I am interested in. I am sure she is nice.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3k8vkvu

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form