Hot summer nights: ‘I hated my job – but did I really want to be fired?’

At 26, I felt stuck, with a job that bored me and a disintegrating relationship. Then my boss called me into her office

It was July 2015. I hated my job and was bad at it. I was on a fitness kick, sometimes cramming in two sessions a day around work, the exercise a trapdoor from my persistent unhappiness. I was as piteous as a medieval martyr, but without good cause – I had made all my bad life decisions, after all. I was 26 years old. I felt as if someone had put a wheel lock on my life and my tyres were grinding in reverse.

It all came to a head one summer evening over red wine and cigarettes.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3DcgLA3

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form