What did Covid teach me? It’s time for my kids to look after each other | Sindhu Vee

It was all going according to plan until my youngest interrupted Succession to ask, ‘Mama, what is a genocide?

It was during one of the lockdowns of 2020 – I forget which sub-type – that I decided to go Extremely Indian Mother on my (mixed-race) kids by announcing that the two teens, Kid One and Kid Two, were to be responsible for the online schooling of their youngest sibling, Kid Three (year four, they can handle it).

This would involve doing all the things the school had assumed parents would simply be able to drop everything for: sitting in on lessons, completing the homework, doing science “experiments” with baking soda and cleaning up the mess afterwards. I pulled out the big desi mum guns: “I did everything for you two – and what are you doing with yourselves anyway? Plus it’s practice for when you have kids: you’ll thank me one day.”

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Tk1tac

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form