My summer of love: ‘As a practising Muslim, my soulmate checklist didn’t include lapsed-Catholics covered in tattoos’

There was certainly chemistry between us on our first meeting. But when we met for our first date, he had a big surprise …

About five years ago, I had an unsolicited romance with a guy who was the exact opposite of what I’d been looking for.

I was in the north of England to attend a weekend symposium with creatives from all over the world. After a five-hour train journey, I arrived at the hotel, ready to hide in my room with a cuppa in an undersized mug, when I was told that I was expected at an opening night dinner. I was ushered to the foyer of a grand ballroom where women in glittering gowns and men in sharp suits swanned around me. Not-so-fresh from my travels, I was still dressed in a beige cardigan and crummy trainers.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3AB42W3

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form