‘It’s like therapy’: how washing your hair can lift your mood – and change your life

Hairwashing can be a catharsis and a reset, the purifying sluice of water rinsing a bad day down the plughole

Anya Hindmarch launched her first company as a teenager. At 53, she is an award-winning fashion designer with five children, a successful business and a CBE. One of those types. Which is why it is cheering that the secret of her success isn’t doing rocket yoga at 5am or leaving parties after 10 minutes or intermittent fasting at a standing desk, or any of that boilerplate alpha guff. Her most precious life advice – and the title of her new book – is If in Doubt, Wash Your Hair.

A good scrub with shampoo, she says, “makes me calmer and more confident and therefore better able to cope. That moment of me standing under the shower, eyes closed, not looking at my phone, is when I have some of my best ideas. It’s a bit meditative, for me – a fresh start, a new day.”

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3gVr42q

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form