I’m thinking about leaving the city for somewhere cheaper. No one thinks it’s a good idea | Leading questions

You’re not alone in developing city fatigue, writes advice columnist Eleanor Gordon-Smith. If you want to leave, don’t let others convince you not to

I’m sick of paying heaps to live in a shoebox and I’m thinking about leaving the city for somewhere cheaper. I want to have a garden and a dog and see the ocean. No one thinks this is a good idea. My friends call it my “pandemic panic”. Co-workers point out I might end up stuck with a never-ending commute, if we ever get called back to the office. Mum says I’ll never meet a man if I move to a small town.

I don’t quite want to admit it to my friends, but the truth is I don’t really miss all the stuff they like anyway. I like restaurants and cafes, but I don’t think I need them. I never went to concerts before. Everyone says I’ll be isolated, but I’m isolated now anyway. Do they have a point? Or should I follow my heart and get out?

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3nRNJhJ

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form