My son has a cool new haircut and suddenly he can’t stand me | Romesh Ranganathan

He came back from the hairdresser looking all edgy and teenagery, signalling the start of my years as an embarrassing dad

It’s been very exciting getting haircuts, hasn’t it? I genuinely feel like my car goes faster and better when I have filled it up with petrol, and that’s how I felt when I got my hair cut: I was immediately more confident, I had a swagger in my step and I was ready to go back out into the world with my levels of sexiness restored to their usual intensity.

Our children have had to suffer the most. The experience of getting them to sit down for a trim has been akin to trying to settle the rowdiest of sheep for shearing, with the sheep constantly bleating about wanting to get back on to their PlayStations. After the trauma of that, they go to a mirror and collect more evidence that we, as parents, are the enemy. I can admit this now: every haircut we have given the boys in the last year has been absolutely unacceptable, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to them.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3nyCtGZ

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form