I helped my husband overcome his issues – but now I don’t want to have sex with him

While focusing on getting your husband back on track, it seems your needs got left behind, says Annalisa Barbieri

I feel stuck. I have been in a loving, happy relationship with my gorgeous, sexy husband for 12 years, and have two children. Our erotic life was initially enormously satisfying, but within a year of being together my husband suffered from erectile dysfunction for the first time. I tried to be reassuring, didn’t take it personally, and was committed to working through it, despite our shock.

Our sex life then waxed and waned for five years when my husband had cancer treatment. We read several books, continued with sensate focus exercises and committed one night a week to talking. We had couples counselling for a year to help us communicate better and manage our expectations in relation to intimacy.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3x2XkX2

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form