I don’t know if I’m falling out of love or if I’m experiencing some kind of midlife crisis | Leading questions

Ask yourself whether you want your relationship to feel different or whether you want a different relationship, writes advice columnist Eleanor Gordon-Smith

I’m a mid-40s professional man and I’ve been together with my partner for 15 years. By mutual choice, we don’t have children. My partner loves me deeply and is highly committed to me. Over the past few years, I’ve been uncertain about my feelings. I don’t know if I’m falling out of love or if I’m experiencing some kind of midlife crisis: I certainly feel like I’m not as energetic and virile as I once was. It hasn’t helped that, since lockdown, my sex drive has been rather low. I simply don’t feel as joyous about us as I once did.

We still have lots in common and my intellect feels fed and challenged. Do I have a relationship problem, or do I need to sit tight as I pass through this admittedly rough transitional stage of life?

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3gKFFha

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form