'My friend group's catchups are draining and stressful. How do I balance their problems with my wellbeing?'

The tragedy of the coronavirus pandemic is now drudgery, writes advice columnist Eleanor Gordon-Smith, but what you see as negativity might be respite for your friends

During the lockdown, my friend group has had regular Zoom calls to keep in touch. But they are invariably two-hour sessions focused on how terrible the lockdown is, how terrible the pandemic is, and how terrible every individual person is whom they see at work or in public. This is extremely draining and stressful to me. How do I balance the obligation I feel to listen to my friends’ problems with maintaining my own wellbeing?

Eleanor says: The novelty is wearing off at this point, isn’t it? Things are bad, they’ve been bad for a while, they’ll continue to be for a while longer. It isn’t “for now” any more. This is real time we’re losing.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2ZHMirp

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form