I co-parent with my ex, but he threatens me and expects sex | Dear Mariella

It’s time to free yourself from your manipulative former husband, says Mariella Frostrup. Your son is much more likely to stick around if he sees you standing up for yourself

The dilemma I split with my husband when my son was three – he was selfish and did not enjoy being a father. But we parted amicably and agreed to co-parent our son. I hoped for another relationship and another child.

Twelve years later and I have had one relationship, which caused my ex-husband to threaten suicide. He has constantly been in and out of my life – at first I thought he wanted to reconcile, but I realised he wants to cherry-pick the parts of marriage that suit him (mostly sex) and then go to his own house when he “needs space”. Whenever I put my foot down he threatens to take our son away. Even going to a solicitor didn’t help.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Gwq98x

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form