How was lockdown living with my partner? So good I missed her when she went to the balcony

When everything outside is so chaotic, there has been comfort in watering plants, spending time with our dog – and simply being together

There is no method, only madness. A mug is stacked next to a bowl, which is next to a wooden cutting board, which, for goodness sake, should not even be in the dishwasher. My partner, E, is perfect in every way, except in how she loads the dishwasher. Instead of taking the logical approach and starting from the back, she will just stick a dish anywhere. It hurts my soul to look at it. “What kind of person does this?” I mutter, as I rearrange everything.

For the record, I am normally far too cool to care about mundanities such as dish placement. But these are not normal times. Spending so much time stuck in the house has led me to fixate on weird things; when everything outside is so chaotic, there is great comfort to be had in organisation. E seems to have got like this with the kitchen cupboards, which she has rearranged multiple times (although, somehow, an errant Tupperware lid still falls on your head whenever you open one). She is also fanatical about making the bed properly, which I have come to appreciate. I try to make the bed, too, but it never seems to be up to her high standards and she always redoes it. No doubt muttering: “What kind of person does this?”

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3isOj1V

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form