My ex’s partner is forcing me to lie to my daughter. Should I refuse?

In trying to protect your child from pain, you haven’t established enough boundaries around you and your ex, says Annalisa Barbieri

My ex and I split up four years ago. We have a seven-year-old daughter. After the initial pain, the separation became really positive. We promised we would always be a family and, even when we both met new partners, we remained friends and, at first, close confidantes.

But a year ago, all that changed. My new partner was respectful of the positive relationship I had with my ex and the fact that we had family time once a week with our daughter. My ex’s new partner, conversely, made it clear she did not want to be part of such an extended family.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/384jon9

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form